YMCA OF METUCHEN EDISON WOODBRIDGE & SOUTH AMBOY
POSITION: School Age Program / Camp Director
DEPARTMENT: Youth and Teen / Camp
SUPERVISOR: Director of Operations
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt - hourly
Under the supervision and leadership of the Director of Operations, the School Age Program/Summer Day Camp Director develops, organizes, implements and supervises high quality YMCA programs that encompass After School Care/Virtual Learning, Summer Camp and Youth Programming as assigned.
- Plans, organizes and provides leadership in the After School Care/Remote Learning, Summer Camp and youth programming as assigned using the current curriculum and standards of the YMCA.
- Develops strong relationships within the community to align programs with needs.
- Ensure an environment of inclusion, diversity and equity within all programs for participants, families and staff.
- Hires, schedules, trains, coaches and mentors staff during program hours.
- Maintain all state and local regulations and ratios.
- Executes administrative duties including, but not limited to payroll, reviews, staff meetings, branch meetings, brochure material preparation, program registration, incident reports, etc.
- In conjunction with the supervisor, develops program budgets.
- Ensure accurate record keeping (ie: billing, medical cards, attendance, rosters).
- Ensure adequate and appropriate program supplies are on hand.
- Communicates effectively with staff, program participants, parents and volunteers.
- Coordinates program registrations and special events.
- Ensure positive discipline practices are being used within all areas of the programs.
- Submit written training schedule and staff development plans to supervisors and ensure they are delivered.
- On a daily basis actively engage with the day-to-day operations of the programs.
- Coordinate and monitor bus transportation to ensure all children are transported to and from programs and school following YMCA bus procedures.
- Maintain current CPR and First Aid certification.
- Adhere to and model the YMCA four-core values and “house rules”.
- BS in education or related field is preferred or equivalent education and work experience in related field
- Current CPR and First Aid required.
- Program Management experience, budget development and leadership experience.
- Strong ability to continually identify, develop and grow programs.
- Previous supervisory experience with the ability to meet deadlines, schedule, coach and develop staff.
- Ability to interact with a diverse population
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proficient in Microsoft office software and an ability to learn and use YMCA membership data base.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal amounts of walking, standing, sitting, running, jumping, lifting, pushing, pulling, speaking, reading, and writing. Must be able to tolerate a variety of weather environments and work outdoors. Must be able to hear, see and respond quickly to children’s needs.
Please send resumes to: Bobby.Kleinau@ymcaofmewsa.org